Products & Solutions
In addition to high functional reliability, HARTING's current transformers also feature excellent mechanical stability. They are well suited for other industrial sectors such as transportation applications. This product line includes current transformers for high-precision measurements of up to 7000 A. On request, HARTING can also have a state-approved testing centre calibrate the current transformers for measurement. Converters for measuring residual currents complete the portfolio. These can be used for monitoring plants and facilities.
Single-part residual current transformer for measuring current
HARTING's high-precision current transformers for measuring are primarily used for energy systems, especially in wind turbine and solar power facilities. The current transformers for measurement are often connected to display devices, such as electricity meters or voltage meters. On request, HARTING can also provide a state-approved testing centre calibrate the current transformers for measurement. This will help to emphasize the precision of your measuring and billing processes.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Precise billing: providing very accurate measuring over the entire measuring range (e.g. Class E 0.2s FS10)
- The robust design and the high degree of protection against surge currents and overvoltages also help to protect any downstream measuring devices
- Simple and safe connections secured by screw terminations
- Included in the delivery: primary rail mount and secondary clamp cover ensuring a simple installation process
- Suitable for use in extreme conditions, thanks to its wide temperature range of -40 °C to 55 °C
- Can be used around the world since they comply with the standard IEC 61869-2 (requirements for current transformers for measurement)
Residual current transformers – very robust and precise
HARTING residual current transformers are used to detect alternating currents up to 10 A; they are optimised for wind energy applications. The one-piece residual current transformer from HARTING detects residual currents in single-phase or multi-phase power supplies
This component measures the difference between the currents in the outgoing and return conductors for consumer loads. It is designed for a maximum cable diameter of 110 mm and can measure differential currents up to 10 A within a turns ratio of 1: 600. This ratio enables signals to be detected and output so that the electronic evaluation unit can process them. The possible frequencies range from 5 to 400 Hz.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Versatile use because of compact design and wide opening for max. cable diameters up to 110 mm
- 10 A measuring range with a turns ratio of 1:600 – ideal for connecting to protective relays or post-processing electronics
- Housing design is optimised to ensure high holding forces of up to 250 kg; degree of protection according to IEC 60529: IP65
- Fast tool-free installation – with the proven HARAX® IDC termination technique
- Also suitable for extreme environmental conditions: with a wide temperature range from -15 °C to 55 °C
- Can be used around the world because they comply with the IEC 61869-2 standard (requirements for current transformers for measurement)