Products & Solutions
Efficient pre-assembly of cable harnesses saves time and money
Until only recently, the application of connectors in switch cabinets required substantial effort that could not be avoided. Pre-assembled cable harnesses and connector parts must be inserted from the inside of the switch cabinet into a bulkhead mounted housing attached to the inner wall of the cabinet. This can be a rather complex challenge.
But no more: The new connectors of the Han-Eco® B series provide valuable time advantages for equipment using the Han® B industry standard. For installation, both ends of the cable harnesses can be rear-mounted from the inside of the switch cabinet into the bulkhead-mounted housing.
The rear mounting option considerably simplifies the assembly of cabinets and therefore saves time and money. The switch cabinet units and the cable harnesses can be pre-assembled separately. This allows for the work to be divided up in a more optimal way; processes can even be outsourced, if necessary in order to facilitate even more efficiency and therefore increase productivity.
Combinations with Han-Modular®
In addition to monoblocks for Han®B, the Han-Modular® range can also be used in a plug-compatible fashion in the new Han-Eco®. The hinged frame allows the modules to be integrated into the plastic hood or housing. As a result, this considerably increases the application possibilities for plastic housings in manufacturing.
Metal and plastic versions are intermateable
Further advantages result from the plug-compatibility of the Han-Eco® B with standard metal Han® B housings. Thus, combining plastic and metal hoods and housings does not imply any time-loss when it comes to system conversion. Parallel use is also possible, since both variants can be integrated homogeneously into your production equipment. This makes it easier to respond with a flexible solution to customer demands. You can also continue to use existing testing facilities, since they fit both material versions; there is no need for changes or additional effort.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Savings of time and cost due to rear mounting options
- Separate pre-assembly of entire cable harnesses possible – thanks to the option to rear assemble inserts as well as hinged or holding frames subsequently by snapping these components “from the rear”
- Reduction of manufacturing cost by better division of labor
- No time-losses when introducing plastic connectors as a new standard in your production facility, since metal and plastic variants are fully intermateable
- Full corrosion resistance due to use of plastic housings
- Fire-resistant according to UL94-V0