Products & Solutions
HARTING data cables
Reliable transmissions under harsh environmental conditions
HARTING data cables are specially designed and developed for the rugged requirements of industrial environments, the railway sector, as well as shipping and coastal applications. In conjunction with the HARTING connectors, the HARTING data cables support Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gbit Ethernet and Single Pair Ethernet (SPE). They are fully shielded and designed for bandwidths from 100 MHz (Category 5/5e) to 1000 MHz (Category 7A). The layout and structure of the cables are designed to match the HARTING connectors – so they can be installed quickly, easily and safely on site. This product portfolio is supplemented by our hybrid cable solutions which unite data transmission and power supply in one cable. This makes them ideally suited for Plug & Play solutions.
- T1 Single Pair Ethernet cables
- Profile-specific cables
- Generic cables
- Railway cables
- Marine data cables
- Hybrid cables
T1 Single Pair Ethernet cables
Gigabit transmission over one wire pair
HARTING's T1 Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) cables are shielded cables that were designed for use in harsh industrial environments. Depending on the cable type, the HARTING T1 SPE cables meet the requirements of IEC 61156-11 and IEC 61156-12 for fixed and flexible cabling for data rates of up to 1 Gbit/s and over 40 metres, with a bandwidth of up to 600 MHz.
- IEEE 802.3: 10Base-T1; 100Base-T1; 1000Base-T1
- Suitable for combined used with HARTING's SPE connectors
- Suitable for fixed and flexible installations in an industrial environment
- Power over Data Line (PoDL)
Fast Ethernet cables
Profile-specific cables in accordance with PROFINET and Sercos III specifications
HARTING Fast Ethernet cables are 4-wire data cables for transmitting 100 Mbit/s (Category 5) in automation environments. They meet the cable specification in accordance with IEC 61 784-5-x and can be used in various applications according to their classification.
- Type A – fixed installation
- Type B – movable installation
- Type C – drag chains and torsion cables
10 Gigabit Industrial Ethernet cables
For high data rates in industrial environments
HARTING's Industrial Ethernet data cables have been designed for flexible installation in industrial buildings and are ideally suited for combined assembly with the HARTING RJ45 data connectors in IP20 and IP65/67. Their four-pair TP construction enables the transmission of IT data and analogue signals such as Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s, 10GigaBit/s, video/audio, as well as IP data services. It provides all the characteristics for setting up a complete generic cabling system according to ISO/IEC 24702 or EN 50173-3.
- Generic cables according to Category 6A/Class EA according to ISO/IEC 11801 or EN 50173-1
- Especially for flexible installations as a system cable
- Up to Cat. 7 for 10 Gbit Ethernet (10 Gbit/s)
- Can be used in industrial buildings
- Good EMC characteristics due to double shielding
- Oil and UV-resistant, flame retardant, halogen-free, RoHS-compliant and UL certified (depending on cable type)
Data cables for the strict requirements of the railway sector, in accordance with EN 45545-2
HARTING's EtherRail® cables are designed for fixed and protected installations located inside and outside of railway vehicles. Special approvals also allow them to be used for the "jumper cables" of inter-car jumper couplings. These cables meet the fire protection requirements for railway vehicles in accordance with EN45545-2 (HL1 – HL3). Thanks to their robust construction with a radiation cross-linked outer sheath and excellent shielding, these cables ensure outstanding data transmission and very good resistance to UV, oils and fuels.
- Specification according to EN 45545-2 (HL1 – HL3)
- Category 5 for Fast Ethernet (100 Mbit/s)
- Category 7 for 10 Gbit Ethernet (10 Gbit/s)
- High temperature range: -40 °C to +90 °C
- Strict safety requirements in the event of fire
- High transmission reliability in all operational areas
Marine data cables
Data cables for marine and offshore applications
HARTING's marine data cables are approved for marine and offshore applications. They have been specially designed for installation on and below deck on civil ships, as well as in other offshore applications and areas along the coast.
- Certified according to DNV GL
- Up to Cat. 7 for 10 Gbit Ethernet (10 Gbit/s)
- Flame retardant
- Halogen free
- Resistant to oil and UV
One cable transmits both data and power
HARTING hybrid cables combine the characteristics of data cables with signal or power cables. Due to their very good EMC characteristics, the Cat. 6 requirements for Gigabit transmission are fulfilled, depending on the cable type. The power or signal wires within have sufficient reserves to supply power to the end devices or to query other signals. All HARTING hybrid cables can be conveniently assembled using our Han® 3A hybrid connectors.
- Less cabling effort
- Plug & Play
- Good EMC characteristics
- Solutions for industrial and outdoor areas
- Up to Cat. 6 for 1 Gbit Ethernet (1 Gbit/s)
- Power supply up to 230 V / 16 A